Around December 2008 I was having a very hard time getting over a guy and my friends thought that going out on the town would be a great way for me to "let loose" and move on. As my friends were right we went to Woodys [at the time] aka Billyjak's Saloon right now in the future. As we paid our $5 to get in for the band Insane Jane and to party all night long we made our usual rounds saying hi to the regulars. After getting our amazing drinks we decided to grab a table with friends and get to playing drinking games.
While playing games and dancing to some pretty good music my girlfriends decided that I needed to meet several guys throughout the night [of course their way of getting my mind off a guy]. So as I was nice to keep meeting the random guys they were trying to set me up with, one of course was {Nathan}....someone that had a sense that just lured me in. I couldn't help but glance {sometimes watch his every move} and keep wondering more about him.
Finally, after watching him dance with several girls out on the dance floor {yes he was a chick magnet and yet I still wanted more} it was "last call" for the bar anyhow!! After I talked to the person I was renting a room from to see if an [after party] was in the future she established "Let's Party!!!!" So I got our usual party suspects gathered to make a beer run and we were running to the back of Pella's Wal-Mart with a shopping cart and then running up to the register to beat the dreaded 2:00AM shut out. After paying for our alcohol we finally made it to the house and started welcoming our guests. :)
Of course it took {Nathan} forever to show up so I was beginning to wonder if he would ever show (of course I was anxious...I was beginning to like him and wanted to know more). FINALLY he showed up carrying...|a French Vanilla Capuccino|...yah I thought he was crazy bringing that to a drunk fest, but oh well!! So as we began playing cards, talking, drinking, and sharing stories I began noticing that he was off talking with Erin and Carissa while I was too busy to talk to anyone named {Nathan} his mystery came back to me.
So after I kicked out a friend due to inappropriate actions they all saw the "other side of Terri" but they all still stuck around |good for me|. But after some Central College friends were talking about the silly little teasers that were played on them I had some girlfriends ask "How can you just kiss someone and not be worried what they will think or do?" My answer: It's easy...I only do it with friends...now just watch and {learn}! As I turned around to give the closest |friend| a kiss to me I found the one person I had been avoiding all night {Nathan}...so after giving my kiss to him I realized that this is the {first} time I have had a kiss returned to me.
As the night turned into morning we finally exchanged phone numbers....and the random texts and my usual [I'm not looking for a relationship, but we can be friends] texts became an {I refuse to stop texting him because there is something there} regular/daily activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment